Waste management is one of the core business sectors of the company. EPTA has designed and supervised numerous different projects in Greece and abroad, such as:
- Mechanical and biological treatment plants
- Composting plants
- Green points & waste transfer stations
- Recycling systems of special waste streams (packaging waste, waste electrical and electronic equipment, construction & demolition waste, used oils, etc.)
- Sanitary landfills
- Waste to energy plants
- Hazardous waste management and treatment facilities
- Rehabilitation of disposal sites
In this sector, EPTA’s specific services include:
Design of solid waste treatment and disposal facilities
Supervision of construction and operation of solid waste management projects, assistance during the procurement / tendering / awarding phase, Consultant for PPP projects.
Development of National Waste Management Plans, Regional Plans and Local Plans for Municipalities relating to municipal solid waste but also to special waste streams (e.g. single use plastics, hazardous, biowaste, etc.).
Support Municipalities and other organisations to the establishment of new separate collection systems (for recyclables, biowaste, hazardous, etc.) Studies for the design of recycling corners /drop-off centers and recycling bins network.