EPTA undertook the drafting of the Local Waste Management Plan of Skiathos, to address the strategic development of the waste management sector at municipal level.
The LWMP of Skiathos includes a tailor – made set of proposed activities, measures, and investments to enhance waste management at local level – from waste prevention to recycling, and to address the applicable legislative requirements.
To develop the LWMP, EPTA conducted the following tasks:
- a baseline assessment study, scrutinizing current MSW generation and management practices at local level.
- Analysis of the applicable legislative framework
- Setting qualitative and quantitative targets and guidelines in terms of awareness, waste prevention, separate collection and recycling,
- Elaborating a custom – made roadmap with proposed measures and activities to meet the above targets.
- Cost – benefit analysis of the proposed action plan